Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gaming Rig

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasterCheetah

MasterCheetah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

I just finished building a new Gaming Rig with following components:
- Antec Twelve Hundred case
- Antec cp-1000 PSU (1000W)
- intel i7 980-x Extreme Edition CPU
- Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo
- Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler
- 3 X Corsair 2gb 2000mhz Dominator-GT (8-8-8-24) DDR3 memory
- 2 X MSI R5870 Lightning video cards
- Windows 7 64-bit.
Now for my question: After I put it together, I booted on the Windows 7 64-bit DVD and loaded the OS (no problems there), I then loaded the chipset and other s/w from the ASUS DVD (no problems), I then loaded the R5870 drivers from the disk (computer restarted no problems), I ran some Microsoft updates and then loaded World of Warcraft and played. All of this time, the PC was using one monitor (19" Dell). I then removed the Dell and plugged in 2 Viewsonic Monitors. At first only one monitor would come on, I went to AMD.ATI website and downloaded drivers (no help), I went to MSI website and downloaded Win7 64 drivers (no help). During one of the reboots of installing drivers, neither monitor will come on on nor will the original Dell monitor come on now. I can hear the PC booting and getting to the logon for Windows 7 (you can hear the little melody windows plays) but lights on monitors stay amber entire time. I tried pulling one of the cards out and using one monitor..nothing. I called MSI and they told me that because the lights on the cards are 6 green and 6 red that I need a PSU with more amps?  I watched a youtube video and his cards have same lights (6 red and 6 green). Anyone use the video cards before? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

The Antec CP-1000 has four +12V outputs that can deliver up to 70A (840W) of combined load. That should be more than enough for two Radeon 5870's. I couldn't find any guide on MSI's website about the LED's which represent the 12 power phases, but in every review picture I saw where they were active, half were red and half were green. Are you trying to use EyeFinity with this setup? If you are, you have to set that up in the Catalyst Control Center. Have you tried using a system restore if this is driver related?

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users