Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogueware Antivirus Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ScreamingTree

ScreamingTree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

So, two days ago my father finally bought a firewall. Ironically, we've got this fake Antivirus Software Alert popping up, security warnings asking if I'd like to active my antivirus software, and it's only gotten worse. I leave the windows up and tried running the Rkill program that I found on this site (I used the .com and .exe one) and I tried using the Anti-Malware program but it took literally 5 hours and it still wasn't done with the C drive (for some reason it took forever to scan all of norton's files.. longer than I had the damn thing scanning for, anyway.)

So, I'm kinda screwed right now, I'm not sure what to do at all.. Nothing seems to be working.

What could I do? Now it seems like at first I could turn off the proxy option in the LAN settings and go on IE, and now I'm on Firefox because even that tactic isn't working. Am I inevitably going to lose everything? Can nothing be done right now? This is the most aggravating, annoying thing I've ever had to deal with.. Losing my mind right now.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 May 2010 - 08:51 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users