Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Net Framework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 handy242

handy242

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

Novice here.. So many updates do I need them all and what is MS NEt Framework. I use "Netgear" wireless in my home do I need to keep updating the MS Net framework and is it used by my home network???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

Well...it helps if we know...what updates you are referring to.

If you mean XP critical updates...that should be self-explanatory, IMO. If you want to review why there are such and the individual reasons for each, you can review the data reflected at the Windows Update site and/or the Microsoft website.

If it's not a critical update...then it's user preference. Included among these are things like WMP and other optional components of XP.

As for NET Framework...depends on what is installed on the system. Some programs/games require NET Framework in order to function properly.

Once a component like NET Framework, WMP, etc...are installed...there's a good chance that there are additional critical updates that will have to be installed to cover known system vulnerabilities within those components or XP.

Using wireless...has nothing to do with installing/updating NET Framework.

What Is NET Framework?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users