Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Almost all services down, system restore doesn't help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 default_user

default_user

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi.

I have a very seroius problem on one of my machines.
Suddenly it became impossible to do use the machine that was working fine the other day.
I examined event log. Almost all services that were to start automatically, didn't do so.
Howver it was possible for me to start them manually - like themes, dhcp client and so on.

I tried system restore but that didn't help - how is that possible - i have restore ponits from whole April and back.
The same situation occurs in Safe Mode.

Event log shows errors 7000, 7009 for those services - that they didn't start in 3000ms.

Looks like sth is blocking all of them at once.
Installed Spybot, hijack this. Scanned. Nothing suspicious.

I'm now doing GMER scan (third time ?, used to hang the machine)
I see that in it for example sptd.sys with some malicious entries - after each scan with different 4letter names...

I will post scan results in nearest time.

Please help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 May 2010 - 08:55 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users