Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft automatic update files won't install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sudan1

sudan1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

I have been going crazy trying to get the automatic microsoft updare files to install. I am running WINXP.

Microsoft updates runs fine. It will find the needed files and download them but the installation of the files fails.

I have uninstalled and or turned off my antispyware and firewall. I have turned on everything I can think of in the Admin. Services area. I have the latest ms virtual machine as well as java. Nonthing seems to work.

I did run acrss a article regarding something called a "SensLogic or token?" The article was not clear and the formatting was lost so I did not make any changes to my system.

Help!!!!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:52 PM

Do you have Service Pack 1 or 2 installed? Do you have trouble with all updates?

#3 HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Hi there,

Just to add to the question...is it XP Home or Pro?

Big Smiles

HS

#4 sudan1

sudan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

I am using Service Pack 2 with Win XP Pro. I am having the problem onluy with Windows Auto update.

Any other file will download and install with no problems.

Thank you both for your replies

#5 HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:25 AM

Hi there,

I thought it might be Pro....this is an issue I am familiar with. Whilst you are actually able to download the updates, the following may still apply. Please read through the following thread very carefully...the fix instructions is in the first post of the thread:

http://castlecops.com/t106642-How_To_Fix_W...wly_Edited.html

Let me know how you get on :thumbsup:

Big Smiles

HS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users