Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

286 gig hd on new laptop is full???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lorblue

lorblue

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

I originally posted this question on the widows 7 board, and it was suggested that I post it here. I have a gateway laptop with a 286 gig hd running win 7. Have been without any protection for a while and the kids that use this go on facebook, and all that kind of stuff. The computer says that the HD is basically full. Now, I have a PC at my shop that has the same size HD and was our home computer as well sor several years. That one has loads of photos plus games, plus all my business info on quick books, and that HD is only about half full. I have renewed my Norton 360 since the first post and have run the scans and clean ups, but this HD is still packed to the gills. There is also a very large program that says it was downloaded before I got the computer. This is in a file of desktop icons. When I tried to open it to see what it was, it asked if I wanted it to make changes to my system, so I aborted the operation. Any ideas or suggestions?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users