Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win. XP vs. Win. Media Center 2005

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

Hi all,

I am purchasing a new PC and although I have read up on this, I havn't found the specific answer that I am looking for.

I just want to know if Win. Media Center 2005 is an extension of XP.

Questions:

-Is WMC2005 the same exact OS as XP home, but with added functionallity for handling ones media?

-If it is not, what are the differences?

I know what WMC2005 handles as far as image editing, music handling, etc... all im concerned about is if I purchase a PC with WMC2005, will it have the same functionallity as XP Home?

If anyone knows of any articles that deal with this question, I would appreciate that as well.

thanx in advance.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

Hi there,

Th following link should be able to give you an insight:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/000255.html

It is new...my personal advice would be to hold the horses for a while and see how it pans out a bit....it isn't cheap after all.

Big Smiles

HS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users