Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My documents missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anurag Ravindran

Anurag Ravindran

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:44 AM

i tried to change the location of my documents but i didnt knew that i have to create a empty folder in the destination drive and assign it . The location changed but hdd drive icon appeared in profiles folder now the hdd icon is gone but my documents is missing in both user profile and also the desktop shortcut for user profile . how to solve this and moreover how you change location of user folders without any bugs thanks in advance . i am running windows 7 HomePremium.

Edited by Anurag Ravindran, 28 May 2010 - 02:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Enter these commands in the PowerShell window:

cd documents
dir

** type PowerShell in the start search box to get to Windows PowerShell.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users