Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latitude d420 screen cuts out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darkknight2k3

Darkknight2k3

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Okay i got a laptop from work its a latitude d420. The only problem with it is the screen intermittenly cuts out to way faded you can barely see it. I was told maybe a cable needs to be reseated but who knows. I look inside and everything looks alright except on the left of the monitor that black cable going up into the monitor from the motherboard is slightly scrapped and i can see copper. Wiggling it doesn't have any effect but i can get a great picture out of it if i change the screen resolution or when i first boot up. It seems like anytime i do a major change to the resolution or screen it'll work for 3 seconds then fades. Is this because the system will surge the power for a good connection then it drops? It almost sounds like a power issue and the exposed wire isn't the main culprit. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

The black wire running up the side is likely the 802.11 wireless antennae. It sounds like the back light on the screen is going out, could be a LCD driver board also. I am assuming the video out to another monitor works fine?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users