Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update DMI Pool Data

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

I built my daughter a computer for Christmas and put 64 bit Win7 on it. I was on it yesterday after it hung on her and when I rebooted I saw "Update DMI Pool Data" when it went through the BIOS screens before it booted up windows. What does this mean and what should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

I think that showed up on mine once after a windows update. I can't remember though.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

I assume, it'd be "verifying" not "update".
More info: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Nope. It say Update DMI Pool Data. It comes AFTER verifying DMI Pool Data. I wondered if I should have flashed the BIOS when I built it before I put the OS on.

EDIT: It doesn't cause a run stop or I would have noticed it earlier. It's always the last thing on that screen (can't remember if it's the first or second screen) before it jumps to the next one. WHen I saw it, I rebooted to make sure what I saw.

Edited by DeathStalker, 28 May 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

Did you try to go through some checks from my link?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

No. Because I wasn't getting a run stop i didn't think it was applicable. (they don't have the embarrassed emoticon here). I just read it again and had a suspicion. The HDD I out in is about 5 years old and although it came out of my old computer it literally was never used. Do you suppose it could be bad? I mean it is a generic HDD from a Dell so it's not like it's a high quality or name brand HDD. That was option 7 (Bad Hard disk drive or other bad hardware).

The only other option that could apply would be option 5, BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly, but that doesn't help me. I set them all to what I thought was correct. If they aren't I have no way of knowing which is wrong or WHY it's wrong.

I was really hoping someone would tell me to flash my BIOS lol. I know, I'm being lazy not researching what DMI pool data is.............

Thanks.

EDIT: Are you admin at that site? I think I lost my user name and password there when my other HDD died.

EDIT II: Nevermind. I logged in.

Edited by DeathStalker, 28 May 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#7 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

DMI Pool Data

Read about it here

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/computer/dmi.html
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users