Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Couple Issues... Dont Know where to start exactly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 novaklone

novaklone

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

Friends laptop is experiencing a couple of issues. its a Lenovo Thinkpad T series running Windows Xp Professional.

The first of issues is an entry point not found error message that comes up (2x in a row) for both ituneshelper.exe and safari that states
"The procedure entry point QTCF_CFUnicharGetUnicodePropertyDataForPlane could not be located in the dynamic link library QTCF.dll"
I have no clue what that means -_-...

Second: Avg 9.0 and Mcafee removal. Avg isnt in the remove programs list and mcafee encounters a patch packet not found error. removing these two in order to install avast.

Third: Internet explorer Opens however hangs on a white screen as its trying to go to starting page, and firefox simply wont open at all with any method.

Fourth (and most importantly) System properties wont open all with any method. right click My Computer and the properties option isnt even present.

my first instinct was to simply run malwarebytes and run that .exe fix thing first and then what ever was still present come here but i figured it would be a lot better to just come here first.

As always, all help is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

http://boardreader.com/thread/iTunes_exe_E...7sarX1cho5.html

Louis

#3 novaklone

novaklone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

1 issue down, 3 more to go. thnx :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

You can use either the uninstallers developed by the program developers...or a tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove those programs. Or you could reinstall them and then remove them. Various options there.

IE problems...my approach is to uninstall/reinstall or update to the latest version.

For XP problems...try running the chkdsk /r command first. Then follow that up by either running the sfc /scannow command or a repair install. Either of these will require a slipstreamed XP CD that includes at least the same SP as the O/S currently reflects.

Since this is a Lenovo system...I also suggest reading up on the repair options built into that system...as well as checking Lenovo/IBM forums for users of such systems. The likelihood of any user ever being the first to encounter a particular situation with said system...are pretty low, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users