Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Paypal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hi it seems that pay-pal has a unique way of setting a pay-pal account. Can anyone tell me more about it, I have been researching them and found out a couple of intresting things.
However its always good to ask you guys @ BC for your opinion and functionality of Pay-pal. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

It works great. Did you have any particular issues?

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Well how does there per Transaction work: I was researching them and I think they charge 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction

Then the website owner will still have to incorporate the shipping fee right? Or dose Pay-pal have one that comes with the cart

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Edited by JUICYboy, 28 May 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

And what do companies usually charge for setting up a e-commerce website?

#5 gabzas331

gabzas331

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

i need paypal to help improve my website but i can't get it cos i'm under 18, so personally i'm not a huge fan.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:34 AM

Paypal, Google Checkout, etc. all have extensive documentation at their associated websites.

And what do companies usually charge for setting up a e-commerce website?

I don't know. How many leaves are there on a tree?

EDIT; To clarify; what you can get as someone who has no track record with e-commerce websites, or much else for that matter, compared to someone who has a proven ability to develop said website, is vastly different.Additionally, whenever you are dealing with private information your liability factor increases tremendously. That liability costs money.

Or dose Pay-pal have one that comes with the cart

Does Paypal have one what? A shipping fee? How would they know what to charge for shipping? Perhaps you should look at a few e-commerce websites and see how they do it. most places charge a separate shipping fee based on where the product is being shipped. That is calculated at purchase time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users