Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antispyware soft fixed but now internetless

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mooelcow

Mooelcow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

I want to just start by saying that a lot of threads from this forum really helped my pull my dads computer out of the poop, so thank you all for the great information posted here. My problem now is that after i removed it using Rkill, mbam (freshly installed) and superantispyware to get rid of the damned thing i can no longer use the internet. Now im not talking about going into Ie's options to change the lan settings i did that. The problem is that the network is trying to acquire the address forever. Ive looked up a ton of things to try like resetting the netsh in cmd but nothing works. Stranger still is that in safe mode with networking the net is FINE. I dont need to do a damn thing in safe mode and the internet says hello and firefox and ie love me. Any one know anythings i can try or what logs/information would be helpful to present you all? Any help at all would be great and thank you all for all the help u have already provided me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hello, see if you can achieve nirvana by...
Trying this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 BlindingLink333

BlindingLink333

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

(The winsock reset as described above, SHOULD reset this. Do this only if the problem still exists.)

I would love to know if your DHCP service is started. If not, I would have you manually start it.

In XP: Click Start -> Run (and Type:) services.msc
In Vista/7: Click Start Icon -> Use the search bar, located directly above the start button, and type: services.msc

Maximize the window, and scroll down. Locate "DHCP Client" (It will be in alphabetical order)
In the column labeled "Status" Is DHCP "Started"?

If no, Single click "DHCP Client". The row will be Highlighted. Now in the top left, Select "Start" in the sentence "Start this service"
Also check the adjacent column labeled "Startup Type". Make sure this says "Automatic"

If it does not, Right click on the row, Choose "Properties". In this new window, make sure that you are currently on the "General" Tab (Default). Change "Startup Type" to Automatic. Click "Apply"

Did this work?

Edited by BlindingLink333, 27 May 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#4 Mooelcow

Mooelcow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

I will try out both of those fixes and will be reporting back tomorrow morning! That said i have done the proxy thing but i will double double check just in case. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Mooelcow, 27 May 2010 - 11:24 PM.

#5 MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

Hi Mooelcow,

I'm having the exact same problem as you (I think). Currently, I can get internet by manually starting DHCP as suggested above. However, any changes I made does not stick.

Question for you Mooelcow: Did you suddenly lose internet immediately after removing Antispyware? For me, I removed it two weeks ago and just lost internet recently. I noticed that I've also been suffering from a Google redirect issue as well, but I'm uncertain if they are connected.

I'll be keeping an eye on this section.

#6 Mooelcow

Mooelcow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

Well Mrscarymuffin, seems me and you have the exact same problem. ITs my dhcp that is not starting on startup even though i checked all the options and they should be. I even followed the instructions here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dhcp.htm and everything was as it was supposed to be but still after a restart dhcp client just does not start. any one have any ideas how to force it to start every time? I also did the netsh winsock reset as was suggested but not better and the lan settings were already set back properly. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users