Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD/CD Drive won't recognize cd in drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mjpierce1

mjpierce1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

DELL Inspiron 6000. CD is not recognized in drive when input. Used the burner a few months ago, and ever since, it would not recognize anything put in. I did have a message for some time about "FILES READY TO BE WRITTEN" but never could figure that out.

I have removed the device via SYSTEM Hardware, and rebooted the machine, and it "found new hardware" and recognized the drive in MY COMPUTER. However, it still will not read the cd. I can hear it attempt to access it several times, then stops doing so and the CD never plays.

Could it have broken JUST AFTER i did that last burn? And not during the burn? Any steps to follow to determine if it just plain needs replacing?

Thanks in advance!

mj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

The files ready to be written are files you sent to the burner that windows has prepped to be burned onto a disk. If you open your CD in my computer you can select these files from the menu on the right burn these files to CD and delete them. That may solve your issue.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users