Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Consistent Malware attacks detected by Malwarebytes and Norton

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sdunn5

sdunn5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hello,

Over the past few days I continue to get warning messages from both Malwarebytes and Norton that some malware is trying to attack my computer. I've run full scans using Malwarebytes and Norton with no success. I'm hoping you can walk me through removing whatever it is that is starting these attacks. Not sure if this helps identify what/where it is, but the some of sites that are blocked by Malwarebytes are:

There are others too sometimes

I've attached a screenshot of the Norton warning details.

Also, whenever I search those #'s on google it triggers another attack. Fortunately, the attacks are blocked.

Finally, I am using Windows XP.

Thanks!
Sean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

I see no screenshot.

FWIW: Any computer on the Internet...is probably under "attack" by malware constantly, IMO.

Louis

#3 sdunn5

sdunn5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

So true. I've been on the internet for many years now (with Malware and Norton installed for years), and I've never had so many popups from them both that my computer is under attack. It seems that something is installed on my computer and is trying to hack into information when I'm online. I want to find it and remove it.

jpg image was too large, so I copied it into a powerpoint file and re-uploaded.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

FWIW: You can decrease the size of any .jpg/graphics image by using any number of applications.

I use an image-editor, but take a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/ for details on how to take and make screenshots uploadable as attachments.

I suggest that you not use formats like powerpoint to reflect images. Users may not have PP installed and may not want to take the time to download/install and use a PP viewer just to see the details of a screenshot. I believe that the easier a user makes it to obtain information, the more likely that a member/visitor will invest time/interest in making pertinent suggestions.

Louis

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hello,

Looking at that screen shot, I suspect you do indeed have something aboard.

Let's see if we can unearth some of it.

Please update MBAM. Once it is updated, open the program and navigate to the Scanner tab.
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Note: I'm shifting this to the AII Forum.

Please include the log in your next reply along with any issues you are experiencing.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users