Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy and Paste with Remote Desktop Connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rico_suave

rico_suave

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

When connected to another computer from my W7 machine using Remote Desktop Connection, I can't seem to copy or paste (not sure where the problem is) from the connected machine to my W7 machine. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have Share Clipboard option checked as well as sharing drives and printers options checked. Any suggestions/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...28WS.10%29.aspx

Note

* Depending on the policies of your network and the version of Windows that is running on the remote computer, clipboard sharing might not work in some instances.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

I don't believe that W7 has a built clipboard. Can you copy and past with something like word pad or note pad.

#4 rico_suave

rico_suave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

No I cant. I started by trying to copy to Word 2007.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

You may want to have a read here: how-to-fix-copy-and-paste-issue-for-windows-remote-desktop-sessions

What is rdpclip.exe:

rdpclip.exe file information

The process RDP Clip Monitor belongs to the software Microsoft Windows Operating System or rdpclip.exe by Microsoft Corporation (www.microsoft.com).

Description: rdpclip.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 62,464 bytes (63% of all occurrence), 69,632 bytes, 54,272 bytes, 62,976 bytes, 44,032 bytes.http://www.file.net/process/rdpclip.exe.html
It is a Windows core system file. The program is not visible. It is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. Therefore the technical security rating is 6% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Recommended: Identify rdpclip.exe related errors

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as rdpclip.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the rdpclip.exe process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.

rdpclip.exe Here is the scoop on Remote Desktop CopyPaste as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is rdpclip.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Remote Desktop CopyPaste?
rdpclip.exe (Remote Desktop CopyPaste) Details

The process called rdpclip.exe is used when you Copy and Paste files between yout Terminal Server and a Client desktop. If you use Terminal Servers, this process should be left running.

rdpclip.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Remote Desktop CopyPaste may adversly impact your system.

Our process monitor database currently registers rdpclip.exe to Microsoft.

This is part of Microsoft Terminal Server.

Edited by cryptodan, 02 June 2010 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users