Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD & DVD Drives gone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Daniel73

Daniel73

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:56 AM

Hi everyone,

I realized that since a couple of days my PC does not recognize my CD and DVD drives.

System:
Window XP Professional 2002
Packard bell
Intel Celeron® CPU 2.20 GHz
256 Mo RAM

I have launched Spybot and cleaned a number of items, therefore I suspect this has to do with some form of Malware.

Has anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Daniel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zeniorito

zeniorito

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:35 PM

Can you give more detail? When you click on MY COMPUTER, do you mean that no DRIVES appear? Or do you mean your DVD drive shows as a CD drive?
Do you know exactly how many days this has been? Have you tried a SYSTEM RESTORE to the date the drives showed properly? Back up any needed files before trying this.
Have you installed new software between the time your drives showed and when they disappeared?
More detail is needed for a better response.
PS...when you boot your PC, look at the screen and see if your drives appear on the boot screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users