My name is aommaster
and I will be helping you with your log.
I apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Should you still require assistance, please take note of the points below:
- Please track this topic by either adding it to your favourites or clicking the Options button at the top of this thread and then Track this topic.
- Please disable word-wrap before posting logs. This can be done by clicking Format and un-ticking the word-wrap feature in notepad.
- The logs that you post should be copied and pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- If you do not reply within 5 days, I will have to close your topic. Should you not be able to meet this, please notify me so that I will leave the topic open.
- Please do not install, update, or run any programs for the duration of the fix.
- If you do not understand the instructions I provide, please don't hesitate to ask. That's what I'm here for
- Please continue to reply to this topic until I give you the all clean. Just because there are no symptoms of infection doesn't mean that the computer is clean.
- If you are running Vista, please run all the fixes as an administrator. This is done by right-clicking the program and clicking "Run as Administrator".
Please do the following so I can take a look at the current state of your system. If you cannot run these programs in normal mode, try running them in safe mode.We need to run an MBAM Scan
- Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- Run MBAM and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.NEXT:We need to run RSIT
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
(This step may produce a blank log. Let me know if that is the case)We need to run a GMER scan
In your next reply, please include the following:
- Download GMER and save to your desktop. Note that the file will be randomly named to prevent active malware from stopping the download.
- Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.
- Double click the GMER program. Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.
- You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.
- Make sure all options are checked except:
Note: If GMER crashes or hangs, please retry running a scan. Only this time, in addition to the options mentioned above, uncheck Devices as well.
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive, which is typically C:\
- Show All (This is important, so do not miss it.)
- When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.
- MBAM Log
Edited by aommaster, 28 May 2010 - 06:05 PM.