Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen screen after internet loads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BarbaraJ

BarbaraJ

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hi All,
I hate to even ask this question but I can't figure out what is going on. We have two computers. The main PC is running XP and my husband uses that one. Yesterday, after he clicked on the internet link, the home page came up but he then could not click on anything else. When I came home from work, I tried to click on links from the home page, like the local paper etc, but it just won't work. It seems like the ability to click is locked, if that makes sense. It reminds me of when you have to hold the control button and then click, but that is not what it is asking me to do.
I have tried to right click on the main screen and I have looked at internet options etc to see if something is locked, but I can't figure this out, so any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks,
Barbara

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

What browser, version?
Have you tried different browser?

after he clicked on the internet link

Do you know, if it was some specific link?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 BarbaraJ

BarbaraJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:36 AM

This is our home page - which is the same on the PC and my laptop. The link is just the newspaper, but I tried all of the others(several papers, and other links). I can click on them, but they won't open. That's why I think he has somehow locked the page. It was working but then stopped mid page as he was surfing. I'm sure if I keep looking at it, I can figure it out, but thought posting on the forum would be quicker and probably easier. I don't know the browser version off the top of my head and have not tried another. Our email is working. b

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Have you tried this: close all open browser windows, then reopen one and try again.

Will links from a Google search work?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users