Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting a home network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atapp21

atapp21

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi all, I'm having a problem creating a home network so I can share files from my various computers and printer. I have already established a wireless network with my desktop computer which uses windows OS XP. I'm also using a Netgear Rangemax duo N router WNDR3300. Now all my wireless computers are connected to my router and so therefore I can access the internet but now I would like to create a home network so I can transfer files between my laptops and my desktop. I would also like to be able to print from my laptop computer. My laptop computers are using both windows 7 and windows vista. I do not recall the process being this complicated I had once before had this home network established but now since I reformatted my laptop I can not get it back. Can someone please give me some assistance because I have no clue what to do next. :thumbsup:
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

Do not use the built in wizards to try to create a home network between win7 and vista or it will not work. Simply share the folder and set the permissions to full control for everyone unless you want to have to use passwords.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users