Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck message in POP3 inbox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HunnyMonster

HunnyMonster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Greetings fellow inmates!
I have an annoying problem... I have an email I can't get rid of in my POP3 inbox on my HP 6915.... I can't even mark it as read.
It's annoying rather than anything as everything is working OK apart from this message.

I've purged the server, reset the account on the PDA using "Clear POP3" and it still refuses to go.

The PDA is running Windows Mobile 5.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Edited by HunnyMonster, 26 May 2010 - 11:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

One thing you could try is to telnet into the mail server and manually issue POP commands to delete the message.
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#3 WinConsult

WinConsult

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Often items are stuck in an Outbox or Inbox so try moving it to another folder first. My favorite is moving things to the draft folder.

From that new folder you should be able to delete it or move it to deleted items.

#4 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

Often items are stuck in an Outbox or Inbox so try moving it to another folder first. My favorite is moving things to the draft folder.

From that new folder you should be able to delete it or move it to deleted items.

If this idea does not work you could always backup your phone up and do a good old fashioned wipe.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

Pegasus Mail download that install it, and use the Selective Mail Download function via File and delete it that way. Pegasus Mail is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users