Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Virus Do I Have?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ericschalles

ericschalles

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:07 AM

Hey, I'm new to this forum, I hope this thread is in the right spot. 4 days ago I started to realize my computer was starting to act funny.

4 days ago - internet stopped working, windows internet connections icon on taskbar toolbar diasppeared.

3 days ago - Malwarebytes Antimalware stopped opening, after I try to open it a error message comes up.

2 days ago, AVG free version randomly updated and I restarted my computer, which was obviuosly a big mistake. A little icon on the toolbar warned me that AVG was not turned on but when I opened AVG to see, it was a fake program made to look like it was running. Upon opening AVG everything (firewall, virus protection, etc) appears to be turned off but after a few seconds the fake program comes up.

I turned off my computer and haven't turned it back on since then because I do not know what to do.

Please diagnose this virus? I hope I gave enough information.

Thanks

edit: I have read the thread about troubleshooting malwarebytes already, but I am not sure if I should try anything because AVG is acting up as well.

Edited by ericschalles, 26 May 2010 - 07:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users