Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and IE do random redirections and Firewall gets turned off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazmog

gazmog

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

Hi Guys

First post here so you guys can bare with me and help

I have an old pc running XP sp2 (I think machined turned of at moment). Every so often when browsing with Firefox or IE the browser redirects to a random page, I also often the script debug box appear. Looking at the script debugger, it look like the redirects are being generated by svchosts.exe

I also noticed the Windows Firewall service has been stopped and will not restart. I did find a solution NETSH FIREWALL RESET, which did allow me to restart the firewall, but it appeared the firewall is stopped again, so Iíve taken it of the network (and internet)

So where should I start?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gazmog

gazmog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

Bump

Any pointers, please

Sorry about being impaitent, my sone needs computer and internet for exam revision, but I want let him on it untill problem has been resolved

Thanks for any help

Edited by gazmog, 28 May 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#3 gazmog

gazmog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

If someone can just refer me to another email to follow

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users