Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

why isnt there a download to install recovery console?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

I think its funny that combofix can download and install recovery console on XP machines but if you try to google search any kind of download to do it everything points to having to put a XP disk in the drive? What gives there has to be a way to do it if Combofix knows hoiw to do it!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

Since you are running Windows Microsoft is going to assume you actually have a copy of the installation media. Running the cmdcons can be done from even the cmd line allowing you to install the recovery console from where ever. I doubt combofix uses a download from microsoft but more than likely uses an installer created by them for just this purpose.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

There are various downloads of the RC available.

How to Create a Bootable XP Recovery Console CD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/

Louis

#4 Barnbaby

Barnbaby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

There are various downloads of the RC available.

How to Create a Bootable XP Recovery Console CD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/

Louis

I get this when I click on your link:
> Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.
Useful Links

* Forgotten Password Recovery
* Register a new account
* Our help documentation
* Contact the forums administrator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users