Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TiGGi

TiGGi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

I just got
SOLTEK EQ3704SG AMD Socket A(462) with a AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 333MHz FSB Socket A Processor I am trying to put this thing together but it's not starting up. Lights come on but it doesn't boot up. In-case fan is barely turning but when I take out the CPU it starts full power. Did I get wrong CPU for the motherboard????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

That is the correct processor for that motherboard.
see the motherboard description:
CPU Socket AMD Socket A(462)

and see the processor:
CPU Socket Type Socket A

Hmm i also saw by the power supply is only 250 watt.....hmm that doesnt seem like enough for all that storage and devices.

Does the machine come with a processor?

Verify all connections throughout, motherboard power. This can be caused by a loose case cable.

Edited by TEB, 03 October 2005 - 09:28 PM.

#3 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

Check the CMOS jumper, most MB's are stored with the jumper set in the reset mode to retain battery life and will need to be set in the normal mode after install. Then you will need to enter the BIOS and set the Date, Time, & Defaults.

#4 TiGGi

TiGGi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

This is one of the barebones and I got CPU separatly. All devices were unpluged cept CPU so I don't think it's insuficent power problem. I'll try what you guys suggested tonite, thanx for your help by the way!

#5 TiGGi

TiGGi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

I did what you said but same problem. I tried another brand new CPU and same problem. I tried 350W power supply and same problem. What's confusing is that it looks like its working when cpu isn't in there!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users