Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interesting Crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

So last night, I was on my computer casually typing an essay for my mythology class (I was also talking to a few of my friends on Skype) when all of the sudden, out of NOWHERE, my computer's power supply/fan's hum sped up significantly, it became EXTREMELY faster. Right when the speed of the computer's hum speed up, it pretty much crashed. The hum was still audible and ludicrously fast, however, all peripherals seemed to die out.

I speculated that the cause of this was the dust build-up in my computer, so I cleaned the whole inside of the computer by spraying it with air. I turn on the computer again and it hums normally for about five seconds, then the hum speeds up once again. It can't even get to the BIOS, so I doubt any type of recovery CD will work.

I posted it here because I assumed it had something to do with the internal hardware. I don't think the sped up humming is the cause of this problem, merely just an outcome of the problem.

So I ask, is there anything I should look for in the computer that might be causing this? I can't find anything unordinary when I run it while the case is opened.

Thank you for your help,
Goomba.

Edited by Goomba, 25 May 2010 - 06:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Replace...the power supply?

Louis

#3 fotbalistul

fotbalistul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

The problem is from power supply. YOu should replace it with a new one :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users