Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CanoScan Scanners

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

I have two CanoScan scanners, a LIDE 30 and a 4400F and I can't get either of them to work with my Windows 7 installation. I just get a message saying "Scanner malfunction". Can someone please help me to get one of them working?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi :thumbsup:

This is more than likely what you need the drivers for W7 for the scanners you have.

Unfortunately for the canon lide 30 there is no drivers for W7 yet in there downloads see here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...wnloadDetailAct

But for the 4400 F printer the W7 driver is here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...wnloadDetailAct

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

Thanks for the link. I've installed the Windows 7 64 bit driver, but I'm still unable to scan. I have ABBYY FineReader and I get the following errors with it: "Error connecting to ScanMan7.exe"; "Scanner malfunction." When I try to use CanoScan Toolbox, I get this error: "Unable to scan. make sure that there is enough space on the target disk."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users