Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suspected Malware causing Google Redirects, need ComboFix helper please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daust126

daust126

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:53 AM

Hello,

When I do Google searches to get a list of links....then click on one of the links.....I almost always get redirected to different websites that are mostly other non Google search engines as opposed to the correct URL. This is very frustrating because I often cannot get to the link I need/want to get information from. I've tried more than one Spyware program (including CA/Computer Associates Anti-Spyware) that is not detecting and removing the problem. I heard that ComboFix from bleeping computer works great for this type of removal and was about to download and run it, however I saw the warning "Do not use Comboflix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper". Therefore I'm creating this post to be sure a helper thinks that Comboflix can work and that I should run it and am asking how to use it safely without damaging my computer but removing whatever is causing the redirects. Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated! Thanks much and I look forward to your response.

-Doug

Edited by Budapest, 25 May 2010 - 01:59 AM.
Moved from XP ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 J33T

J33T

• Banned Spammer
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

Try to restart your system in Clean boot . To do this disable all the Start up items from MSCONFIG and disable all non Microsoft services.

Then reboot your system in safe mode or in normal mode. Scan your system with any of the Antivirus Such as MalwareByte or SuperAntispyware. To fix the Windows issue, You should register all the DLLs to do this run Dial-a-fix tool. It will resolve your issue .

After that try to run Combo fix or the SmitFrodFix

Edited by J33T, 25 May 2010 - 09:26 AM.

#3 daust126

daust126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thank you much J33T, this all sounds great, however I am not computer savvy so I ask you specifically:

how do I disable all the Start up items from MSCONFIG?

how do I disable all non Microsoft services?

I think I know how to reboot in safe mode is by pressing the "F8" key when restarting correct?

lastly, how do I register the DLLs to do this run Dial-a-fix tool? (I don't even know what DLL stands for).

thanks,

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users