Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ambit VPN Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Azure Kite

Azure Kite

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hey all,

I've been having a hell of a time lately with my Ambit Cable Modem. I'm trying to configure the VPN so a remote PC can connect to it but I cannot get it right. I'm a decent techie, but I'm new to VPN. Here's what my configuration looks like for the tunnel at the moment. Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://i50.tinypic.com/6xvkns.png
"As Rule# 87 states: Actors are not good for nothing, they're best for nothing." - Frank Kincaid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kevinds

kevinds

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

No responces as to if you've fixed this or not.

Just for example your laptop? One computer needs to be connected?

Or do you want to connect 2 networks together?

If just one or two computers use the L2PT/PPTP configuration between Configure and Event Log.

You'll be done in 10 min.

On your computer, XP or above, Connect to Workplace with VPN, use the username/password you created (Suggested in Advanced networking options to Disable Use Default Gateway of Remote Network) If you're using Mac or Linux create a VPN connection, either L2TP or PPTP.

If you're connecting 2 computer networks together... that gets a whole lot more complicated :thumbsup:

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users