Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FileServer..?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi All,

I'm not having a "problem" but more of something i need assistance with. heres the scenario:

I love my music and i want to share it with some of my friends and co-workers. I want them to be able to access a website where they enter in a username and password and are able to view my music that i upload onto it. i believe this may be called a file server but i am not sure. I basically just want to upload certain mp3's to the site and have the users i give access to be able to login and download those songs.

Whether or not this costs money i am not sure? Someone may have another idea which i am also open to.

Thanks in advance.. :thumbsup:

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:50 PM

answering my own question.. thanks anyways ..for anyone who is interested: