Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ldlovell

ldlovell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hello all. I, like countless others before me, have been stupid. My antivirus software's license expired a couple days ago, but it took until now to get another one. Unfortunately, it appears as though nasties have attacked (or some other applicable verb) in that time.

When I attempt to use the internet by clicking on the shortcut on this Vista machine, I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" error. The same holds true for Firefox as well. Also, I cannot update the virus software I currently have or use programs such as Google Earth. However, if I go to (Windows Icon which should be Start)>Help and Support>Troubleshooting>Repair Internet Explorer and click one of the links that say "Click to open Internet Explorer" I have full access to the net just as if nothing happened, which is how I'm posting this currently.

The new antivirus software picked up two infections when I ran it this morning, but regrettably I didn't take a screenshot or write down the information it had on them. I suppose this would've helped. Either way, none of the programs I have been scanning with pick up anything now, but this problem still persists. Since I cannot think of any more information to lend the members of this forum, I suppose I wil leave off here.

Showers of thanks for whoever graces this thread. Any help one can give this ignorant user is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users