Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Launch Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beanhead

Beanhead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

I have XP, Version, Service Pack 3. I am not a novice and not a pro with regard to computers. My problem is that the Quick Launch Taskbar has completely disappeared and I have looked everywhere. That pretty much describes the problem. I have searched the Help and Support, I have gone into the Add/Remove programs, then Add/Remove Windows Section, I have restarted my computer several times. When I right click on the Taskbar, I have the following: Cascade Windows, Tile Windows Horizontally, Tile Windows Vertically, Show the Desktop, Task Manager, Lock the Taskbar, and Properties and have checked and unchecked each item and nothing. When I go into Properties, what appears is Lock the Taskbar, Auto Hide the Taskbar, Keep the taskbar on top of other windows, Group similar taskbar buttons, the Show Quick Launch is shaded and I cannot check it. I have also searched on the Microsoft website in Tech Forums for an answer as well as Windows XP and cannot find a topic similar in any way. I cannot say how long I have had the problem or if I downloaded a program or installed a hardware because everything else works pretty well and I get so frustrated that I put this problem on a back burner and then try again weeks later to solve this. Hope this helps to explain my problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

See here: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/...ws/quicklau.htm

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users