Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to know what is winFLsrv.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bk1991

bk1991

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

i want to know would it be safe if i delete it, it is located in system32

all i want to know is its function in computer, thanks

my computer is windows XP professional, service pack 2

Edited by bk1991, 24 May 2010 - 07:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi you just said in a malware removal topic that you had fixed it? If you would have stayed with the topic you would have figured it out with Gringo. My advise is to PM him and ask him to reopen it and continue to help you. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 bk1991

bk1991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

its just i have big exams and dont have time to do download and do all the scans

i just want to know what is winflsrv.exe

thnx id appreciate it

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

With the negative hits on google for that executable it is very likley that it is part of your infection. Everything I can come up with says unsafe and not a 'valid' executable.

If you are unable to complete your scans with your open log, please be courteous enough to advise your helper. Since you do have an open log I will close this thread to avoid confusing everyone.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users