Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Reffy

Reffy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:22 AM

I get missing .dll errors, some software has just stopped working, can't use external devices(printer etc.). Have to reinstall a lot of programs but the problem will reappear after a few days.

Have scanned with AVG Free, ad-aware and registry mechanic, it didn't help.

I have no idea what is causing this problem, please assist.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.
We need to create an OTL Report
  1. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  2. Save it to your desktop.
  3. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  5. In the custom scan box paste the following:
    CODE
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    activex
    drivers32
    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    nvraid.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
  6. Push the button.
  7. Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt<--Will be minimized

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

I've added the two new logs.

The problem is still there and I don't even know what is causing it.

I've posted it in a different topic but I will tell you what steps I have taken when trying to solve this problem:

Scanned with Ad-aware
Scanned with AVG Free-Edition
Scanned with Registry Mechanic and several other registry-scanners.

Reinstalled Nvidia drivers
Reinstalled directX 9.0c
Installed DirectX 10.2

Used combofix (Before I read the instructions on this site, apologies)
Disabled Emulation
Installed latest windows vista updates

All of the above didn't help.

Issues:

The folder: C:/windows/system32 contains files that are getting damaged/removed every time I restart my computer.

Some programs wont start because of missing .dll files, or just wont start at all.

Getting .dll errors when booting the computer and when trying to use software(i.e. games).

I have to reinstall directX, nvidia drivers and several other programs or they wont work. When rebooting, the problems appear again.

I haven't uninstalled any programs, also didn't installed any unknown programs.

Hopefully you can help me with this one.
If you need any info, please let me know.

EDIT: May I bump this topic when no one has replied after 5 days? I don't want this topic to be removed, I'm not abandoning this.

Attached Files

Edited by Reffy, 28 May 2010 - 07:51 AM.

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hi,

when did you run Defogger? The CD emulations still seem active on your latest OTL log.

Can you please provide the logs from ComboFix and Defogger in your next reply.

This thread is only closed if I am the one that last posted, there has been no reply in 5 days and you didn't let me know you would be away for the time. This being said, if I don't reply to you within 2 days, feel free to PM me and let me know that you are waiting.

regards myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

#5 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

Used DeFogger again, followed the instructions.

Started latest version of Combofix. Combofix did not say that CD-Emulation was on, so I can assume DeFogger worked.

Got the message that AVG Free, Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Norton Internet Security are still running.

Uninstalled AVG Free and removed Norton with a Norton removal tool(I have never installed Norton, probably a spyware removal program installed it(spydocter or something).
Shut-down Ad-Aware.

Shut-down internet connection.

Combofix didn't gave any messages and started working.

After scan, saved log and restarted computer.

Reinstalled AVG Free, Nvidia drivers.

Will reinstall directX.

Should I turn on the CD-Emulation? What else should or shouldn't I do?

Thx in advance.

EDIT: My internet connection is working, though I see the 'disabled internet connection' taskbar icon.
Also, I see the remove hardware safely icon, I see my hard drive in it. My hard drive is internal.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   50.87KB   7 downloads

Edited by Reffy, 30 May 2010 - 08:38 AM.

#6 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi,
can you please provide the log from Defogger.

Please go to C:\windows\system32\drivers and locate the file sptd.sys. Afterwards please visit this site and follow the instructions for uploading the file.

regards myrti

#7 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've re-enabled CD-Emulation, cause I want to use virtual drives and I've read that I could enable it when no longer needed.. The DeFogger removed the old log, or so it seems. I have two logs available, uploaded in this reply.
If this disrupts the progress, I apoligize.

sptd.sys is uploaded, followed by those instructions.

Thx a lot.

Attached Files

#8 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi,

hehe, you got me confused. When you ran the scan with OTL, cd emulation had been reenabled, yes?

regards myrti

#9 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

I believe so, I thought it was off. But CD-Emulation was off when scanning with Combofix.

Should I scan wit OTL again and make sure Emulation is turned off?

#10 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi,

no it is fine. I was just surprised to see CD emulation running in the OTL log. Since I know now that it was supposed to be running, this isn't surprising. wink.gif

How is your PC doing?

regards myrti

#11 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

I haven't rebooted my pc yet, so everything is fine. Most problems appear when I reboot.

EDIT: DirectX stopped working again, haven't rebooted. It takes about...12 hours for DirectX to stop working after I reinstalled it.

Edited by Reffy, 01 June 2010 - 08:10 AM.

#12 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

sorry for the delay. Could you please let me know which kind of files are getting deleted on boot?

regards myrti

#13 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

No problem, I know this will take time.

Most directX files are not working or missing. Files like: d3dx9_36 etc. The list is very long, though some games are still working.

nvcpl.dll is not working. This is a file for nvidia drivers.

Some other software stopped working as well, without me deleting anything what so ever.

These are the main problems. They will appear faster if I restart my computer, but they also appear if I let my computer on, though in a much slower rate.

Note: I ran a scan with Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, they removed something and I currently have no problems.
But I'm not cheering yet.

EDIT: I can only edit my post one time? Anyway, I can't install SPTD and therefore I can't use most virtual drive software(alcohol 120% etc.). Also, Deamon Tools (Lite) is removed from the programs and software list though it hasn't been uninstalled. Didn't want to uninstall it.

EDIT2: Had to manually reinstall sptd service. Virtual drives working now, though it is weird that Vista sees my harddrive as a virtual drive.

Edited by Reffy, 06 June 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#14 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

when did your CD emulation stop working? When you ran the OTL it was still working.

What did MBAM delete?

regards myrti

#15 Reffy

Reffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

I have some news; I followed the instructions on a Vista Forum. They told me to do as followed:

#Download DriverSweeper(Guru3d.com)

#Boot into safemode and use driversweeper to clear all Nvidia drivers.

#Reboot and remove any software that the sweeper missed.

#Reinstall Nvidia software. (I also reinstalled directX)

#Boot into safemode. Use CMD(command) and type 'sfc/scannow'. This wil run a systemscan. When it shows some errors, it ask you to reboot. Repeat this step till you don't have anymore errors.

This worked for 2 days and counting. So far so good. Hope this helps other users.

Only thing that is odd: I see the Remove Hardware Safely icon, it says that my internal harddrive, is a device that can be removed safely...

EDIT: .dll errors appeared again...didn't do anything that could have caused this.
I can't remember when I had or hadn't CD-Emulation on. I am able to run scans again if necessary.

Edited by Reffy, 13 June 2010 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users