Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BackDoor.Tdss.565 & BackDoor.Tdss.2459

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tom44

tom44

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Anyone who has any knwoledge of this please let me know, I am getting very nervous.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

thanks very much, are you sure this gets rid of both of those viruses?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

Unfortunately nothing is certain, especially given that the people who develop malware are constantly modifying and updating it.

But it's worth a try I think.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

okay thank you very much, I hesitate to follow those instructions though because NOD32 is currently on my computer and is preventing these viruses from doing any harm - the problem is that it is not removing them. I'm afraid that if I uninstall NOD32 for Dr. Guard the viruses will get out of hand.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Dr. Guard is one of the names this virus goes by.

Nowhere in the guide does it say to uninstall NOD32.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

Budapest - I just ran the program and wanted to follow up with an enormous THANK YOU! I have been dealing with this problem for far too long and it was becoming quite bothersome. No AV software would remove or even find this problem. In fact, I was not sure I even had one of those Tdss viruses, I just researched symptoms similar to mine and many people who were having the same problem as me seemed to think they had one of those viruses. Tdsskiller got rid of the infection and my computer is working back like normal. Thank you very much for your help, and I was wondering if this website accepts donations.

Thanks,
Tom

Edited by tom44, 23 May 2010 - 11:53 PM.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

We don't take donations - we're just happy to help. :thumbsup:

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

Coming from someone who knows very little about computers and was helped out so much, I really appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users