Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lauren301129

lauren301129

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

For the longest time I was getting a (unable to find certificate) bubble. but was able to connect to internet. now I am unable to connect and the same bubble keeps poping up. also this problem seemed to arise after I unplugged the usb stick for a moment and plunged it back in.
btw the pc is a windows xp, sp2. the usb stick is Linksys.

If anyone can tell me a way to fix this please help.

also the very same connection works fine on the labtop I am using right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

I am assuming the linksys usb stick is your wireless card? Try uninstalling it from the Network devices in Device Manager(Right click on My Computer and click Properties, then the hardware tab and Device Manager button) and uninstall the software from Add/Remove programs then reboot and install it again. Following the instructions, which is normally put a CD in and it will tell you when to plug it in. Sounds like the software had a brain fart.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users