Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wscntfy.exe infected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDMCT9A

JDMCT9A

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

i was trying to download a file on torrentscan. i found the file, proceeded to download it (apparently it was infected), and my browser immediately shutdown. a pseudo scan software promplty began to run by itself (i canceled it and did not allow it to run the scan), and my avira antivirus alerted me that the "wscntfy.exe is infected." soon afterwards, my browser started randomly opening up multiple strange websites. after closing down as many browers as possible i tried to run super anti spyware, unfortunately it would not open up. i re-booted the computer, and quickly clicked on malwarebytes (for some reason my computer allowed me to run it) and ran a scan. it found a couple of trojans, i quarantined and deleted them. i ran malwarebytes a few more times and it continued to find a few trojans. i also ran super anti spyware, and it also found a couple of trojans. finally, i had a chace to run avira and it did not find any trojans or viruses. after running the malwarebytes, super anti spyware, and avira, i thought all was well....however, i think that my computer is still infected with something because i CANNOT update the super anti spyware or avira. oddly enough malwarebytes can be updated.

can anyone please help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JDMCT9A

JDMCT9A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

can anyone please help me?

#3 JDMCT9A