Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why doesn't certain websites load?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 g0tvtec

g0tvtec

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Certain websites won't load on my specific computer

for example http://www.channelsurfing.net/ does not work on this computer, but it works on the other two computers in my house. All of these computers are all connected to the same network.

Tried it on both Firefox and IE and they both tell me it is unable to connect to the website. But every other website works. I am using a Linksys WRT54g router. This computer is connected directly via ethernet. The other two computers that the website loads on are connected to this router wirelessly.

Possible causes are router, firewall (norton internet security firewall). I have however turned off the NIS firewall and still gettin the same results.

Also turned off Peerblock and still getting the same results... so really the only thing I can think of is the router, but how can I fix it?

Edited by g0tvtec, 23 May 2010 - 08:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users