Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying Outlook 2003 contacts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Long story, but I have two computers: one desktop as my main machine that receives my email (Outlook 2003 configured to receive mail through two different accounts), the other is a laptop on a wireless connection that has Outlook 2003 that has never been launched. My desktop is on the second story of my house while the laptop is on the first story and I now find it necessary to configure my laptop to receive my email (if possible), but I would like to retain the settings and configuration of my Outlook account on my desktop machine.

My logic is that once I close Outlook on my desktop and open it on the laptop, then the laptop will then receive all messages that are on the server. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

My other question is about copying (not permanently moving) my contacts. I have multiple address books in Outlook. I would like to copy them for use on the laptop. I've read all about the File --> Import & Export, choose the .pst folder stuff, but they all seem to elude to moving your contacts rather than copying them.

I'm familiar with using Outlook Exchange through work. Can similar sharing of contacts be used when you're not using Exchange?

I know that in the long run I can simply re-enter all of my contacts on the laptop. What a pain, though. I'm having a hard enough time running up and down the stairs as it is to get my work done.

Thanks for any guidance. Unfortunately Outlook is one of the components of Office that I've never really quite figured out in its entirety.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users