Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutdown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 wrench10

wrench10

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

I had a power suply go bad and replaced it. Now it will only run 10-15 min, if not in heavy use. should I ask it to perform more than one task it gets real slow and shuts off. I tried to get into the bios management but access and knowledge are limited.
Has anyone run into this before? It is almost as if it is overheating. Maybe the processor?
I'm new to this site,but I hope I gave enough info. Beacher

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

What is the power supplies rating as in how many watts is it? also what brand and also what are your system specs? Also This seems like a hardware problem so i will have this moved to internal hardware. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

<<I tried to get into the bios management but access and knowledge are limited.>>

Can we have some specific details, please?

Louis

#4 wrench10

wrench10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

WINDOWS XP HOME, 512 Ram, 2.0 Processor. Power supply Thermaltake 430 watts TR2. I had the processor heatsink fin assy's off for better access, but reinstalled.

#5 wrench10

wrench10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

as I stated I have limited knowledge on this. I was able to see start up, memory,drives,etc..... I was looking for processor temp, if it was available I COULDNT FIND IT

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

A new topic regarding this problem has been opened here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318713/shut-down/

To avoid confusion I am now closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users