Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

linksys router WRT54G and annoying IP issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi all again (today is just not my day)

Ok so I have a linksys WRT54G (flashed with wrt-dd firmware (had issue with linksys)) and I have been having a problem with IP address conflicts, I have no idea what is causing them, and i cant trouble shoot because well frankly all of the electronics run off the router at this point. :thumbsup:

Any ideas?

This is my client table on the router:

Posted Image
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

No one has any answers for me? Hmm i must of hit a hard one. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

I don't see any conflicts.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Yeah that's the thing it shows no conflicts but it windows and mac detect one every once and a while.
sigcomp.png 

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

I know you said you had issues with the Linksys firmware and that is why you flashed it, is this one of the issues you were having?

If yes that is weird. The same problem following a firmware change, cause that is what makes home routers "route" and not just switches.

If No you might have a look at their site. Maybe its a known issue.

Are the conflicts between wired and wireless, or all wireless or all wired?

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

The issue before the flash was not this and it is only wireless, It may be that the renew rate for IP adresses is set higher because every night at the same time it would renew IP adresses and would drop everyones connection. The router is getting old and I think i might get a new one at some point.

Clarification I changed the renew rate

Edited by computerxpds, 25 May 2010 - 09:06 AM.

sigcomp.png 

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hmm still weird. Is it between a MAC and PC? PC and PC? MAC and MAC? Just curious at this point because you may be correct it might be time for a new router. Do you just do a ipconfig /release/renew to fix it or what?

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

See that is even odder when windows comes up with the warning my Internet on the computer keeps working but my iPod touch stops and has to renew it's IP.
sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users