Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scanner and camera wizard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kostom

kostom

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

does anyone know where i can scanner and camera wizard for getting pictures off my camera ? I have a laptop Tosiba Winows 7 on it. but I don't like what it has for getting the pictures . you don't have a choice of which photos to pick which to transfer/download to your computer. it starts and transfers all the photos... i would like to pick my pictures ... something similar to the one that Windows XP has....

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zynx

Zynx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

Every camera I have used comes with some software for this purpose. There are a number of applications (free ones and I can't think of a one atm), but they are available. I have Nikon's software installed on my laptop and it allows me to view my pics and select the ones I want to D/L to the puter. Go to the web site of the manufacturer of your camera and see what they offer.

#3 kostom

kostom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

i've got one to for my Canon called EXBrowser don't like it

Every camera I have used comes with some software for this purpose. There are a number of applications (free ones and I can't think of a one atm), but they are available. I have Nikon's software installed on my laptop and it allows me to view my pics and select the ones I want to D/L to the puter. Go to the web site of the manufacturer of your camera and see what they offer.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

What make and model is your camera?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

I never use the software that comes with the camera. I use a memory card reader and remove the memory card from the camera and plug it into the reader then it's treated as if it's another drive. I can then browse the folders and images and copy only those images I want to my hard drive and I can delete any images I don't want to keep.

Edited by strolln, 24 May 2010 - 12:31 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

I'm with strollin. The software that came with my Kodak had lots of bells and whistles, but all I wanted to do was get the images onto my computer. Once on the computer I could use whatever program I wanted.

My camera uses SD cards. I got a USB card reader that looks like a fat empty flash drive and put the card in it, then I plug it in the computer. It shows up in "My Computer" as Drive F (usually -- I have two optical drives as D and E). I open it and then I use Windows Explorer to copy and paste the images into a new folder in My Pictures. Fast and easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users