Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mums pc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 whiteshoes

whiteshoes

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

hi i dont know if this is the correct place to ask this question but here goes when my mum goes to turn her pc on all it does is start bleeping , nothing comes up on the screen ....any help would be appreciated tia john

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

Hi what we need to know is from you,
What system is your mum running?
Is this the first time this problem has happened?
also how many bleeps is it giving out?
Also has your mother downloaded any updates from any sites and if so from where or anything else your mother may have done?.
The more info you can give us the better
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

System manufacturer and model (e.g., eMachines T1234, Compaq Presario 4578, etc.?

If the beeps start immediately...chances are they are BIOS beeps, attempting to inform the user that there is a hardware problem of some type.

Computer Post - Beep codes - http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Louis

#4 whiteshoes

whiteshoes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

hi thx 4 ur response....i put a 1gb of extra ram 4 her into her pc and it was working ok the day after the pc will not boot up when ever u turn it on it just continually bleeps.....

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

Then it's possilbe that...the RAM is not secured properly in the system, hence the beeping.

Try removing all RAM modules...then reinserting them properly.

Louis

#6 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

Please do let us know how you get on and if as louis suggested that was the trouble, as we would like to know so that if other members have the same problem, they can read the post and help them.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#7 whiteshoes

whiteshoes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

hi thx for that but i tried resitting the ram but to no avail.... when you switch the pc on it beeps 3 times then there is a gap and then 3 times again recurring .....thx again john

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

It does no good to tell us the number of beeps...if you aren't going to tell us the system manufacturer and model so that we can make the beep pattern useful information.

Louis

#9 whiteshoes

whiteshoes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

the make of the pc is a quicktech pro sb and the motherboard is an asrock ata133. i had a look on their website and it said that this was a Main memory read / write test error. tia john

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Then it appears that it would be prudent to test the RAM.

Download the following, Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool - http://www.memtest.org/#downiso. You want the first one listed.

Then...burn that file into a bootable CD by following this procedure: How to write a CD-DVD image or ISO - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/write-a-cd-dvd-image-or-iso/.

Read the following guidelines, Icrontic Diagnose with Memtest86+ - http://icrontic.com/articles/diagnose_with_memtest86. Ignore the instuction to download the .zip file, you have already downloaded the .iso file in unzipped format.

After these steps are complete...begin testing.

Any error...is an indication of a problem.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users