Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

which one would you buy???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brilocat

brilocat

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Hi, as I need to buy a new computer I have 3 options from the shop but I dont know which would be better to choose: more or less they are similar what changes is the processor:
option 1: 1x intel core 13 530 2.93 ghz lga 1156 socket L3 4 mb box
option 2: 1x intel pentium G6950 2.8 ghz lga 1156 socket L3 3 mb box
option 3: 1 x intel celeron E3300 2.5 ghz (8oomhz) LGA 775 socket L2 1mb box

well, i think the option 3 is the worst and i might not consider it but what are the differences between the first and the second (not considering the price obviously), i mean why would one choose 1 rather than 2 or viceversa.
thanks for ur answers.
bri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

Looks like you have answered your own question.....as long as you realise that the i3 is not a gaming processor.
MCP
MSDST

#3 brilocat

brilocat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

no really, dont understand, what do u mean by gaming processor and what is the difference between option 1 and 2? is it worth to spend some more money.... for what???? please do help me understand. thanks

Edited by brilocat, 24 May 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#4 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi brilocat,

Here is the comparison from Intel's website that describes the differences between the two that you are considering other than the Celeron.

http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=46472,43230,

It looks like the i3 is a better processor on the entry level end of the i series, but I still think it's a good processor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users