Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:35 AM

everytime i open IE it goes straight to the website www.activeshopper.com.
Google is my default page and is still set there. when i click on the home button it goes to google. i ran McAfee virus scan but didn't find it anywhere and i ran Adaware it doesn't show up. Even HiJackThis it doesn't show up. i'm showing all system files and folders but i can't locate it anywhere. it never happened before today.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:12 AM

Hi there,

I visited that site and noticed they have a toolbar available, did you check in "Manage Add Ons" under the "Programs" tab?

Also, you might be able to add that site to your "Blocked Sites" list under the "Privacy" tab.

If you have Spybot, you can block it there to, and you can also check to see if it has been changed there to.

Do you use a file manager of any kind? Or another Desktop Search other than your OS default?

I have been using Free Commander, and so far Im satisfied with it. It might be able to locate the file.

You might try searching this: 192.168.0.2

This is the IP address for that sites home page, maybe that might come up in the search results.

thats all I can think of off the top of my head, hope this helps!!

nos
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:52 AM

sorry it didn't help but i checked out the system restore to see if i had a date before that occured and i did so i did that and it's gone. i turned it off and back on again so it was gone. but thanks anyway.

Edited by Izzy, 03 October 2005 - 05:11 AM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:32 AM

Hi there,

I visited that site and noticed they have a toolbar available, did you check in "Manage Add Ons" under the "Programs" tab?

Also, you might be able to add that site to your "Blocked Sites" list under the "Privacy" tab.

If you have Spybot, you can block it there to, and you can also check to see if it has been changed there to.

Do you use a file manager of any kind? Or another Desktop Search other than your OS default?

I have been using Free Commander, and so far Im satisfied with it. It might be able to locate the file.

You might try searching this:192.168.0.2

This is the IP address for that sites home page, maybe that might come up in the search results.

thats all I can think of off the top of my head, hope this helps!!

nos

nosnhol#3 that is an internal LAN address. I think you may have copied the wrong IP.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:36 AM

I went there in IE and it locked up on me (probably one of the anti-spyware precautions on my system.

My research shows ActiveShopper as being spyware - and it's identified by this key in HiJack This:

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

control panel - add/remove programs - and remove anything with toolbar in the name (ie yahoo toolbar or google toolbar)

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

it's ok i used system restore and it is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users