Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems connecting/uploading with programs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 michelemv

michelemv

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I don't know a lot about computers so please let me know what information you need.

As of late I've been having problems connecting to different programs. Mediafire and Megaupload do not allow me to upload anything, I get error messages saying the uploader could not connect and upload the file. Whenever I try to play iWin, I get an error saying the iWine Games Manager can not connect to the internet - I tried all the recommended steps on the iWin website but nothing worked.

I am using Firefox and it connects to the internet fine - this only seems to happen with other programs that are trying to access the internet.

iWin worked perfectly until I downloaded an antivirus program. I recently download Symantec antivirus program, but the problems persist even when I have it and my firewall disabled. This seems like the source of the problem but I don't understand why it doesn't work when Symantec is disabled.

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

Uninstall Norton, using Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039 and see how it goes.
After using the above tool, make sure to turn Windows firewall on.
If your problems are cured, we'll advice you on new AV program.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 michelemv

michelemv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

Uninstall Norton, using Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039 and see how it goes.
After using the above tool, make sure to turn Windows firewall on.
If your problems are cured, we'll advice you on new AV program.

Thank you for your fast response. I used the tool and uninstall the Endpoint Protection program, but mediafire and iWin still do not work. If it helps, mediafire.com says "IO error" when the file fails to upload.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

Also, see if you have very same problem with Internet Explorer.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 michelemv

michelemv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

Yes, I still have the problem after running Firefox in safe mode and using Internet Explorer. Thanks for your help so far

#6 michelemv

michelemv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I tried to use Windows Update to download a new version of IE, and I got an error saying a third party firewall might be blocking the connection to the windows update server. I do not have any firewall/anti virus program installed except Ad-Aware. Any idea what this means?

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

I do not have any firewall/anti virus program installed except Ad-Aware.

I suggest, you start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users