Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jstewart

jstewart

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:13 PM

Hello,

I had a problem with my pc about 2 weeks ago that didn't result in me reformatting but repairing xp. The problem is with my Sound Blaster Live 24-bit external sound card. Sound is now breaking up and its really bad when other programs are running like surfing the web or just simply playing a game of solitaire. I looked through my device manager and it said everything is working properly. I have a P4 2.66, 512 mb ram. 120g hd, Videomate Tuner, dvdrw, cdrw, dvdrom, nividia geforce fx 5500. Everything worked fine until I had this problem. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks for your time Stewart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:05 AM

:thumbsup: to BC
Have you scanned for spyware and virus'. Try the following..

AVG Free Edition Antivirus(I personally use)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta
Spybot
AdAware SE Personal Edition
Ewido Security Suite - 14 day trial

Edited by acklan, 03 October 2005 - 01:07 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jstewart

jstewart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

I have tryed that and still cannot get it to work. I even try avg7 vcleaner in safe mode. I had a virus on here before but it never effected my sound since it is the about:blank virus (which seems impossible to get rid of). Anymore suggestions?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:05 AM

The simple fact is the card maybe going out. Do you have acess to another card you can try? Used they are about $5 to $10.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 jstewart

jstewart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

I don't think it is the card. I bought the card at the begginning of august, brand new. This problem definitely has something to with the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users