Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am i infected i don't know . . .

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Lokeshm

Lokeshm

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hi !

I am using Windows Professional on which i was using F-Secure till now, but it stopped one fine day and would not start manually even. I tried reinstalling but it gave an internal error. At present i am using trial version of Kasperski. I did not understand the reason for F-secure stopping immediately.

Well after two days of using Kasperski i am now having problems with my Winamp. It would not start, so i tried reinstalling but it gave an error: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000034). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Also in guest account if i click start then go to internet explorer it says Access Denied.

Well i have MBAM so i tried quick scan. It did not give any errors.

I also tried BitDefender online scan and Trend Micro House Call. Even they did not point out any errors.

I know somwhere something is wrong, but what i have no idea.

Please guide me. Thanks

Lokesh

Edited by boopme, 22 May 2010 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hello. I am moving you to the XP forum as I think this is a storage controller driver issue.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

Let's try the following.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#4 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Louis

I started BlueScreenView.exe

But no scan started, it just shows 0 crashes in the bottom left corner. The File/Save Selected Items option is grayed out.

Lokesh

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:49 AM

The fact that there are no STOP error messages...indicates that you don't have a driver problem or your system is not preparing messages for STOP errors. A STOP error results in a BSOD and I don't see where you have such. Soooo...BlueScreenView may have nothing to work with.

System manufacturer and model?

How much RAM installed?

Is XP current with critical updates?

<<...application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000034)>>

This error message occurs with various applications and I can't pinpoint a cause.

I suggest two things:

a. Uninstall the application for which the error appears...then reinstall/update same.

b. Run the sfc /scannow command, following the directions provided.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

I would also suggest that you take a look in Event Viewer and review the errors (not warnings, not information items) listed. Please read and follow the directions for reviewing Event Viewer items.

Post the detail (Source, Event, and detail) for the last 5 errors listed in Event Viewer. The detail for each line item can be seen by double-clicking that line item.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#6 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

These are the last 5 errors from event viewer :

1. Event Type: Error
Event Source: LoadPerf
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3017
Date: 5/24/2010
Time: 12:11:34 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CHINTS
Description:
Cannot update Last Counter value of SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib key. The error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 45 0e 00 00 ....E...

2. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 3009
Date: 5/24/2010
Time: 12:11:34 AM
Description:
Installing the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (%2) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 f6 13 00 00 .......

3. Event Type: Error
Date: 5/23/2010
Time: 11:02:10 AM
Description:
Cannot update Last Counter value of SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib key. The error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

Data:

4. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 3009
Time: 11:02:10 AM
Description:
Installing the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (%2) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 f6 13 00 00 .......

5. Event Type: Error
Time: 12:27:18 AM
Description:

Data:

Now about sfc.exe /scannow command

When i run the command i get :

Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache.

Insert your Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD now.

As per the instructions in the article mentioned by you i would need to download the Service Pack 3 and then extract in C: drive which would allow me to point SFC to the files needed.

I am presently downloading Service Pack 3, would then run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW and then get back to you.

So far thanks for the help !!

Lokesh

Edited by Lokeshm, 23 May 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#7 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

Well i downloaded SP3 and extracted using the following command:

CODE
"%userprofile%\Desktop\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" -x:C:\xpsp3

After it said extraction complete i ran

sfc /scannow

But it still says :

Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache.

Insert your Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD now.

How do i point SFC to the folder where i extracted the files ?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

Well...those instructions may not necessarily work...for good reason.

Typically...slipstreaming a MS Genuine XP CD with the appropriate SP...using nLite...will yield satisfactory results either running the sfc /scannow command or using a slipstreamed XP CD for repair purposes. That is the method I would suggest.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/

I have tried this i386 folder trick (because I saw people suggesting it) a couple of times with no success with that method.

Louis

#9 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

Well i had to go out of town for some official work.

I will get back and try your suggestion hamluis.

Hoping to reach home soon. .

#10 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

I ran the sfc /scannow command. It finished without giving any messages. What should I do next ?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

What SP is reflected on the disk you used to run sfc /scannow?

What SP is reflected on your system?

Louis

#12 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

I forgot to mention i had used the Xp Professional disk service pack 2 to repair install prior to running the sfc /scannow command.

Now my pc has Service pack two and i am now running Automatic Updates to upgrae to service pack three.

Did i do something wrong ?

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well...a repair install and running sfc /scannow...accomplish the same thing, as far as system files go.

What SP was installed on the system...prior to this repair install?

I suspect that you have corrupted system files by your efforts.

Louis

FWIW: Looking back over previous threads you have posted...I find it odd that these same instructions/information items...were previously given you about a year ago.

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#14 Lokeshm

Lokeshm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

Prior to repair install i had Windows Service Pack 3 installed.

System Manufacturer is Hewlett-Packard

Model : HP Compaq dx6100 MT(PK079PA).

I had no memory of these instructions being given to me a year ago. Maybe my RAM is corrupted :-)

Now i'll check my earlier posts . .

Edited by Lokeshm, 01 June 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

You might review this thread, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202618/exception-processing-message/ :thumbsup:.

FWIW: In general...instructions for repair installs, etc...are not written to cover any system where recovery/restore disks/partitions exist. These are OEM systems (HP, Toshiba, etc.) where the manufacturer has changed the rules for repairing Windows problems or reinstalling the O/S. In these cases...unless the user deletes all pre-existing partitions and subsequently does a clean install of XP using a MS Genuine XP CD...instructions provided for repair/reinstall may fail.

In all other cases...efforts to repair/reinstall the O/S...are totally dependent on the recovery/restore disks/partitions.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2010 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users