Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My Job Depends On It!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chanceman

Chanceman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hello all!
I have a serious problem with a program that my job uses. It is a virtual machine, which allows me to run a separate "machine" within my own. They use this so my personal side of my pc doesn't interfere with the business side, and vice versa. Well, I have downloaded the files several times now, and they appear to dl just fine. Until I run the setup.exe. Then I get an error "1334" every time. I have seen some forums online about this issue, but none that were helpful. The error tells me that it could be a network problem, or a problem with the package. The package comes in .cab files, and each time I re download the package, a different cab malfunctions. My trainer thinks it could be my security, so I disabled it and re did the download. No good. I worked with tech support til almost 1am last night to no avail. I was informed that if I could not figure out what was wrong with my system, or obtain a different system, my job may be at stake. Can someone help me please??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Can you be more specific as to what virtual machine, where you downloaded from, and what security may be interfering.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Chanceman

Chanceman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

The virtual machine is called VMware, and I'm clueless as to what the problem is. I just keep getting that error, and the error says that it could be related to a network problem. I dl'd it from my employer's site, so I can't share the address.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

I would check event viewer to see what additional information may be provided that coincides with your VMWare install error.

What I am able to see as a recurring theme with that error number is a potential bug in InstallShield.

As an example:

I had error 1334 on msi-installscript projects created from InstallShield DevStudio 9. I have had many tests and I think this is a bug from InstallShield, because looking at all the information on the project (even in direct editor) all seems correct. The uncompressed releases I have works correctly, but not the compressed ones.

With the limited information you provided, thats the best I can do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users