Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

banned by IP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zf490

zf490

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

I know that there are three types of banning in the forums are:

1- banned by IP
2- banned by account

3- banned by MAC address

My question is about banned by IP
If I have a home network (router and 3 computers)If a site Prevent one computers. Prevention will be to All in a home network.
In other words, the prevention for router

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arknaz

arknaz

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

I know that there are three types of banning in the forums are:

1- banned by IP
2- banned by account

3- banned by MAC address

My question is about banned by IP
If I have a home network (router and 3 computers)If a site Prevent one computers. Prevention will be to All in a home network.
In other words, the prevention for router

I take it your question is "if one computer gets banned, will all three get banned"
go to www.whatismyip.com - That is your outside address that is how you communicate on the web. If that address gets banned, its game over (unless you have a way to change it which is another topic)

If you are using a router to use NAT, all the computers inside have the same outside address, while internally its usually 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x give or take (which the outside world cares nothing about). So if a forum bans your IP, it would be your outside single address associated with your router. All computers connected via that router would be unable to access it. MAC address have to do with the hardware which a website doesn't contain. Its more of a local issue. Bans are one of the first two methods.

Hope that helps some,

-Scott
Samsung Chromebook +
  • Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz - Replaced with I7 3770k 3.5Ghz
  • 80G SSD, 640G/1TB/3TB Sata  
  • Palit GTX560 TI 2GB 
  • 16g G.Skill Sniper DDR3

#3 zf490

zf490
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts